macProVideo.com
Forums
  • MorryNYC
    Re: How do I transfer a music song file to new computer?
    Okay. The Bounce folder won't show up until you bounce a mix; then Logic automatically creates it. So I wouldn't worry about that. So if you're double clicking on the icon for your song to open it, what are you dragging? What do you mean by "dragging it into the Logic program?" And just to clarify, you're going from Logic 8 to Logic 8. Correct? i.e. you have the same version of Logic on both the old and new machines?
  • jimandroz
    Yes, I am going from Logic 8 to Logic 8. I am dragging the blue logic folder to the dock where I have the Logic symbol and it doesn't drop in. The blue logic folder has the 3 things I mentioned earlier in it. Thanks Roz
  • MorryNYC
    Don't drag the folder to the Logic icon. Just go into the folder, and double click on the song icon. Don't drag anything anywhere. What happens when you do this?
  • jimandroz
    When I double-click on the song icon, I am taken into a Logic template. There are no tracks that show up however.
  • jimandroz
    Okay, when I double-click song icon a template opens with all of the tracks. However, they are not in any order that is readable or workable. The tracks are there though. Some are tripling and doubling and there are many more that were on the original. Any ideas? Thanks! Roz
  • jimandroz
    Okay, when I double-click song icon a template opens with all of the tracks. However, they are not in any order that is readable or workable. The tracks are there though. Some are tripling and doubling and there are many more that were on the original. Any ideas? Thanks! Roz
  • MorryNYC
    None. None at all. No idea what's going on there. Can you take a screen capture of the open song as it appears in Logic on the old computer, and one of how it opens on the new computer, and post it somewhere we can take a look? Also, if you could take a screen capture of what you see in the folder you are working in (i.e. the finder window with the song file, backups and audio files).
  • GaryHiebner
    Hi jimandroz, I can't make sense of what could be going wrong. We have explained all the necessary steps to take to move the folder across from one computer to the next. Do you have MSN or Skype? I can try explain over one of those IM chat applications if you are still online.
  • jimandroz
    Yes, I do have skye. I've never used it and would have to be taken through the steps. Roz I am going to the Apple store with the computer. If this doesn't work I'll let you know. thanks for staying with me on this and all your great help. Roz
  • GaryHiebner
    Go to [url]www.skype.com[/url]. Download Skype for you Mac and create a Skype account. Once you have done that send me your skypename. Email it to me at gary@soundbase.co.za My internet signal at the moment is bad as I am on location in an area with bad signal. So will only be able to do a Skype chat (text), not a Skype call.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: