macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Anthony Jones
    Move additional content to external drive
    I have a Macbook Air and downloaded Logic Pro 9. How do I safely move Additional Content to external drive & use the external drive to run Logic when creating?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Move additional content to external drive
    Hi Anthony, Welcome to the forums! Simply copy the additional content (basically the Apple Loops) over to an external hard drive and when you next open Logic open a Finder window at the new location of the Content. Drag the folder containing all the moved Apple loops onto Logic's Loop Browser. Logic will now re-index the Loops. Hope that helps Rounik
  • Mobajii
    Awesome this works perfectly thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Glad it's helped :)
  • JulianM
    How does this work with the EXS Factory Samples which live inside the Application Support/Logic folder? I'm in the countryside on very slow broadband and having downloaded the additional content to my MacBook I'm trying to avoid downloading it all again to my Mac Pro. However, when I try to drag and drop to the correct locations on my Mac Pro, Logic insists the content still needs to be downloaded. The Apple loops where easy - doing what Rounik suggested above, and Logic is seeing some of the samples but not all of them - about 10GB's worth its not seeing. Refreshing the library and repairing permissions doesn't help. Any ideas?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: