macProVideo.com
Forums
  • 2Dogs
    Recorded with wrong tempo
    I recorded several songs with the wrong tempo indicated in Logic Pro 9. Each song contains 10 to 30 audio tracks. Is there a way to correct this without affecting my tracks tempo.
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Recorded with wrong tempo
    What tempo is the track at? And what is the wrong tempo? I have found I can get quite good results using Logic's Flex Time Change the tempo to the correct tempo. Go to the handle of the audio on the bottom right corner. Then Shift+Alt and drag the audio so that it sits correct on the new tempo grid. If this doesn't make sense I can elaborate more. If you have Melodyne, then this is the ultimate timestretching tool. You can very easily change tempo on audio tracks with Melodyne with the least artifacts.
  • 2Dogs
    The 12 songs themselves are all recorded properly and do not need any change whatsoever. All the songs have different tempo. But when I set up each project for the 12 songs I forgot to set the tempo in Logic, so now I cannot add midi and loop it because the project tempo does not reflect the actual audio tracks and the midi track locks in to an incorrect tempo. For example the project tempo may be set at 100 when the actual music being played is at 125. These songs are not played to metronome as my clients did not wish to use one. So the timing is not steady throughout. The Flex Time capability won't work here because there are just too many tracks and opportunities to mess up the songs. I was hoping not to bounce each track and import them into a different project which reflects the correct tempo for the song. That's a pain. Unfortunately changing the project tempo, changes the speed of the songs, which is not what I want. I just want to change the project's indicated tempo without making any change to the music itself. Melodyne is also not an option. Any thoughts on whether or not there is a way to change the indicated tempo without affecting the songs.
  • redlogic
    Check out [b]Beat Mapping[/b]. This will change the tempo in Logic to fit the tempo variations within the songs.
  • Hamish H
    Hi here's a couple of ideas from the Logi manual (page 595 onwards): 1. "Audio recordings made in Logic Pro... automatically match the project tempo and will follow any tempo changes made in the global Tempo track" - this is what's happening to you. The manual says this won't happen if you drag the files into a new project. Note: don't copy the regions across, but drag them from the finder. 2. Go to the Inspector for the region and uncheck the "Follow Tempo" box, if its checked. See if it makes a difference - i.e if you can change the tempo without the region changing speed. Then, to get the new tempo, if your track has the same tempo all the way through, personally I would cut out a four bar loop, then use: Options > Tempo > Adjust Tempo using Region Length and Locators But try the beatmapping too, see what works best for you! Cheers Hamish
  • 2Dogs
    Thanks everyone. Option 2, "Unchecking the Follow Tempo box" for each track is the only option that might work. I'll let you know what happens. With clients in the line up I have no time to waste on any other strategy. If that fails, the projects will stay as is. Cheers
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: