macProVideo.com
Forums
  • ben37
    ya know what'd be a cool feature in logic?
    If you could select all the tracks in your project, and raise/lower the volume on all tracks simultaneously , [i]including the ones with volume automation![/i] Why can't logic do this! Or can it? Please tell me it can!
  • Hamish H
    Re: ya know what'd be a cool feature in logic?
    Hey Ben You can change the volume of thr main output channel. That'll raise/lower the vol on all track simultaneously. Or if you wanted to select just a few tracks, not all of them, you could: create a stereo bus, and set the output of the tracks you want to control to the bus. HTH Hamish
  • ben37
    stereo bus idea is great, thanks!
  • Hamish H
    Yep, busses are the business. Otherwise there is always: 1. cover/uncover your ears 2. move closer/further away from your speakers etc
  • MorryNYC
    Brilliant ideas. #1 seems especially revolutionary.
  • ben37
    I was merely asking if there was a way to raise the overall decibel level of a track with volume automation on it, so the whole track becomes equally louder relative to the other tracks, without having go in to the automation lane and adjust everything. maybe it's a dumb beginner question (is that a problem?) but i don't think it's THAT dumb. Thanks for the sarcasm
  • Hamish H
    Ben! Noooo!! I was making jokes! No sarcasm intended at all :) I'm so sorry, I thought you would join in with some jokes too. Its not a dumb question, its actually a really good one. its one of the fundamental concepts of mixing - being able to pick and choose many elements of your mix and treat them as one element. The fact that you asked the question in the first place means (in my opinion) you're thinking about exactly the right things in terms of mixing. Setting up multiple submixes (eg one for drums, one for bass, one for all guitars etc) gives you really great control over your mix. As for dumb questions, there are no dumb questions (becasue i already asked them all!) Oh man, I gotta work on my sense of humour. Sorry Ben :)
  • ben37
    LOL ok, it's all good no worries. I was put off by your humor because it didn't seem to be a response to the actual question that I asked... I'm slightly touchy because I'm a mega noob and I'm not entirely confident about whether what I'm confused about is obvious to the rest of the world. Regarding stupid questions, to quote George Carlin "There are no stupid questions?? Then what kind of questions do stupid people ask?" :P
  • Hamish H
    LOL! Great, that means I can start asking questions again! Thanks George. PS I'm a noob too - only been learnign Logic for 3 years or so. I learnt everything I know from reading the forum and contributing as much as I can. Its such a great resource. And the Hub too.
  • MorryNYC
    What was the joke? I cover my ears all the time and it works fine... I don't get it... ;-) Also, you can slap a gain plugin on the track you want to preserve your automation on, and then you can adjust it up or down and keep all the relative changes.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: