macProVideo.com
Forums
  • gordonjgray
    Logic Sync Problems
    I'm running Logic 9.1.6 at 96kHz using an Apogee Rosetta 200 with the latest firmware. Often have problems with Logic losing sync with the Rosetta, requiring that I resync the Core Audio in Preferences. Never happens at 44.1kHz. Anyone have any ideas on what's going on? Thanks, GG
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Logic Sync Problems
    Hi gordonjgray Can you please provide us with some more information on your system? What operating system are you running? And what model of Mac? Are you using Firewire to the Rosetta interface? Can you try 2 things. Can you open a project and set your audio interface to the built-in audio device and see if it does the same thing. Can you also try using different buffer size settings with your Rosetta interface and see if it does the same thing with different buffer sizes?
  • gordonjgray
    Gary, hi! the OS on my MacPro is 10.6.8 and the connection to the Rosetta is Firewire. I tried using the built-in analog interface and it made no difference. However, some things I have discovered. 1) this is a Midi sync problem, there is no problem on the system at 96kHz running audio only. 2) it seems to be related to CPU overload, as the CPU usage meter goes into the RED when this is occurring. 3) I often get an error message with the following: 'Error while trying to sync audio and midi. Sample rate 81859 (or 84176 or something else) recognized. Check conflict between Logic Pro and external device'. The audio buffer size does not seem to have any affect. Any ideas? GG
  • GaryHiebner
    Hi GG, If it is still happening with the built-in audio then it is not a problem with the Rosetta audio interface. I suspect it is a hardware problem somewhere on your Mac. Seeing as it is a CPU overload and a MIDI/Audio sync problem, it could be a hard drive issue. Have you been having and other issue like the beach ball popping up quite a bit while you are using the Mac? Try maybe running a maintenance application like Onyx first and see if this helps at all. Take a look here on what to run with Onyx: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/mac-osx/9-mac-troubleshooting-tips-call-mac-guy[/url]. If it doesn't improve after the Onxy maintenance, will then need to run some diagnostic tests on the Mac to see if all the hardware is okay. Do you still have your Apple system discs? there is a Apple Hardware Diagnostic Test on the discs you can run to check the hardware.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: