macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rick
    ultrabeat sample preview intermittent
    Couldn't find this in the forums already: Anyways, I'm trying to load samples into the drag-and-drop samples kit in ultrabeat. I selected the first sample slot (at the bottom), selected load sample and started browsing. I click the little 'play' button in the file browser window to hear the samples as I look. It works. Yay. Unfortunately, the little preview function does not work for the next slot. Or the next. Or the next up until the 7th. Then it works again for what I think is the rest of the slots. What is going on? I am totally new to Logic, but this doesn't seem like proper behavior. Any help is much appreciated! Thanks in advance.
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: ultrabeat sample preview intermittent
    Hi Rick, Welcome to forums. Can you please give us some more details on your setup? What Mac do you have? What operating system you are running on your Mac? What version of Logic are you running? And what audio interface are you using?
  • Rick
    Hi Gary, The problem sort of changed in that some of the slots that weren't working are fine now. Some of them still exhibit the behavior described. Very strange. Anyways, I have an i5 (2010) Mac Book Pro with 8 gigs of RAM. It's running Snow Leopard. I just bought Logic Pro 9. I'm not using any interface.
  • GaryHiebner
    That's very strange. Have you tried starting a new Logic project and doing the same thing with Ultrabeat? The problem may only be related to a specific Logic project. Let us know and we can diagnose further.
  • Rick
    Looks like it was an anomaly, as somewhere along the path of rebooting, opening a new project, and then switching back, it got fixed. Thanks for assisting me. I'll reply here if it ever comes up again.
  • GaryHiebner
    Great, glad you got it to work. Sometimes a few reboots is all that is needed.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: