macProVideo.com
Forums
  • jazzrascal
    Sample Tank instruments > Logic Express
    I am a Logic Express newbie, so bear with me, because I need a simple explanation (it that's possible)! I'd like to know how to move the Sample Tank instrument sounds into the Logic Library.
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Sample Tank instruments > Logic Express
    Hi jazzrascal, What do you mean by moving the Sample Tank instrument sounds to the Logic library? Can you open Sample Tank correctly as a Software Instrument in Logic? Do you want to access the Sample Tank presets within Logic's Library? With this information we will be able to better assist you.
  • jazzrascal
    Hi Gary, Sorry I wasn't clear. Yes, I want to be able to access the Sample Tank presets within Logic's Library.
  • GaryHiebner
    Take a look here: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/logic-pro/managing-3rd-party-plugin-presets-logic-9[/url] I explain how to save presets of 3rd party plugins to Logic's Library.
  • jazzrascal
    Thanks for the speedy reply, Gary. I'll get back to you if I have any problems with this.
  • GaryHiebner
    Great, it's a pleasure.
  • jazzrascal
    Hi Gary, I'm afraid I didn't get very far with this: Open Logic. Start a new project. Add a plug-in or Instrument to a channel strip. [so far, so good] On the plug-in or Instrument channel strip, go to the preset menu of the 3rd party plug-in, and choose the first preset. OK, this is where I get lost. I don't understand how to get to the preset menu from the instrument channel strip, since Sample Tank isn't in Logic...it's a separate entity. I also have the Sample Tank presets (and some other presets) in folders and actually what I'd really like to do is just pick out the ones I want to use and make them accessible through the Logic Library. I hope you can help!
  • jazzrascal
    Hi Gary, I'm afraid I didn't get very far with this: Open Logic. Start a new project. Add a plug-in or Instrument to a channel strip. [so far, so good] On the plug-in or Instrument channel strip, go to the preset menu of the 3rd party plug-in, and choose the first preset. OK, this is where I get lost. I don't understand how to get to the preset menu from the instrument channel strip, since Sample Tank isn't in Logic...it's a separate entity. I also have the Sample Tank presets (and some other presets) in folders and actually what I'd really like to do is just pick out the ones I want to use and make them accessible through the Logic Library. I hope you can help!
  • GaryHiebner
    Ok, you're nearly there. So you have selected a preset from the Sample Tank plugin. Now on the plugin look were the Bypass and Compare tabs are, then right next to that, and before the 'Copy' is a downward triangle menu. Click and hold on that and it will bring up an option, '[b]Save Setting As...[/b]' Now navigate to the following Directory Macintosh HD >[i]username[/i]> Library> Audio> Presets >IK Multimedia >Sampletank Save the preset here, and now you will be able to access it in the Logic Library. Repeat the same process for your other presets you wish to save.
  • jazzrascal
    Hi Gary, I wish I could attach a screen shot here, because this isn't what I'm seeing on the Sample Tank plugin. I found Bypass (just above the keyboard and under Master), but there is no Compare or Copy, nor is there a triangle menu. I'm stumped. I really appreciate your help with this, though, and I hope you haven't run out of patience yet!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: