macProVideo.com
Forums
  • redlogic
    Re: Sample Tank instruments > Logic Express
    [img]http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/8761/screenshot20120203at110.png[/img]
  • jazzrascal
    [url]http://www.zzounds.com/item--IKMSAMPLETANKXL[/url] This is what I have.
  • redlogic
    [url]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/32/screenshot20120205at317.png/[/url]
  • redlogic
    jazzrascal said: [i]OK, this is where I get lost. I don't understand how to get to the preset menu from the instrument channel strip, [b]since Sample Tank isn't in Logic...it's a separate entity.[/b] [/i] Load Sample Tank as a plug-in on a Software Instrument channel strip. (Just above where it says "Stereo Out") Then, it will be [i]in[/i] Logic.
  • jazzrascal
    Hi redlogic, Thanks! I followed your instructions and was able to load it (I clicked "Stereo" from the dropdown menu...hope that's OK). Now my question is, how do I get a Sample Tank preset to actually appear in something that I'm working on?
  • redlogic
    Follow Gary Hiebner's instructions from Feb 3rd, 2012 @ 10:35am PST.
  • jazzrascal
    Well, we're right back where we started, because I already tried that and my Sample Tank is different from what he describes. If you look at the pictures of it (my link and yours), you'll see that those instructions can't be followed.
  • Hamish H
    Hi Jazzrascal Now that you've loaded Sampletank from within Logic, you should be able to see the arrow that Gary and Redlogic are talking about. When you open a 3rd party plugin within Logic, Logic should automatically 'wrap' it with a thin black border - as seen in Redlogic's screenshots. The wrapper has its own drop down menus and extra functionality, which is what Gary's instructions apply to. When you open SampleTank the way Redlogic described, does Logic wrap it with a black border? It should have: * a link icon * bybass buton * 4 dropdown menus If you can see those dropdown menus, Gary's instructions will work for you now. Cheers Hamish
  • jazzrascal
    Hi Hamish, I haven't had a chance to work with this yet because I've been crazy busy, but I just wanted to thank you for your help...I'll get back here if I have any more problems.
  • GaryHiebner
    Glad you got it sorted. Enjoy Logic!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: