macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Sullyblime
    Normal latency for new Macbook Pro?
    Greetings, I recently purchased a Macbook Pro at 2.2 Hz, 4 GB, i7 and am finding some of the same issues that I had with my regular Macbook. The latency isn't that much better. At 64 buffer size, it's around 7 ms (44.1 sample rate). Plus, on some tracks it stops playing and says "system overload" just like it did on my old computer. Any suggestions? I was expecting a world of difference. Not more of the same. Thanks, Matt
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Normal latency for new Macbook Pro?
    Hi Matt, What version of Logic are you using? Have you updated to the latest version? And have you done all your latest Apple Software Updates? Does it happen in all your Logic projects or only specific Logic projects?
  • Sullyblime
    Thanks Gary, Apple is 10.7.2 and Logic is 9.1.6 For now, it is happening only to particular projects. But it seems to becoming more frequent. For example, it just happened to a new project I started that only had about 6 MIDI tracks on it. That doesn't seem right to me. Thanks for the help
  • Cucemya
    How much RAM are you using? If you still have your old Macbook can you connect it and use Logic Node to help with the processing?
  • GaryHiebner
    What audio interface are you using? Are you using the built-in audio device? Are you using any 3rd party plugins in the project? For example I did have some problems with a few Native Instrument plugins and "system overload" messages when I wasn't even pushing my CPU that much.
  • Cucemya
    Have you tried putting the project files on an external 800 or 400 firewire drive?
  • Fubaveu
    The overload window is due to CPU accessing the hard drive to quickly for it to keep up. Try loading your projects onto a external drive. The will split the load and allow the internal drive to focus on just the OS and DAW. Also disengage all unused inputs on your channels. That's just eating all your CPU waiting to record.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: