macProVideo.com
Forums
  • ben37
    floating channel strip possible?
    Hi, I thought I once saw a video in which a floating channel strip was brought up via a key command without bringing up the inspector or the mixer. anyone know how to do this? i know alt-R gives you the region parameter box floating, which is great, but I'd love the channel too. Also, is is possible to get the "notes area" as an independent window? It'd be cool to have it as a screenset
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: floating channel strip possible?
    Hi Ben, AFAIK it's not possible to display a floating channel strip. I guess you could setup an Environment window fixed to the Mixer layer and use an application like Afloat to keep it on top of other windows... Unfortunately, it's not possible to tear off the Notes area from the Arrange into an independent window. Best, you can do if use Markers like notes and then open the Marker window. Cheers R
  • ben37
    Thanks for the response Rounik!
  • Rounik Admin
    No problem :)
  • Yuri
    Like a floating environment window? would that help?
  • Hamish H
    Logic can save a screenset with the notes page open you can make 2 screensets, one with the notes panel open, one with it closed, then swap between them. Not quite floating, but still convenient H
  • ben37
    Having a floating environment window cropped to a single channel is almost it, but not quite. I've grown accustomed to hiding the inspector, toolbar and transport while i work in the arrange. I thought it'd be neat to be able to quickly call up a floating chanel strip. Environment route can do this, but it's not perfect. Ha. A screen set with the notes open is ok, but not easier than just hitting alt n. my thought was to have a screenest with a fullscreen notes window that could include a full list of the all the key commands I'm using, for reference. What"s my key command for that again? Boom, notes screen set. Versus Alt k ->search window->type->scroll... i've been spending about 10 hrs/day learning logic and so I keep thinking of stuff like this. Anyway thanks for the suggestions guys. :)
  • ben37
    I've found that having a fullscreen TextEdit window hiding behind your Logic Arrange, is a nice solution for an instant fullscreen notes window. Then you just press Command Tab to go back and forth.
  • GaryHiebner
    Nice suggestion Ben37
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: