macProVideo.com
Forums
  • DaveDeLizza
    Divide multiple midi notes
    Hey, i was on logicprohelp the other night, but didn't seem to find anything. Anyone here know if the bug for dividing multiple notes using the scissors tool in the PIANO ROLL (it works in arrange window) has been fixed? To clarify, holding option and cutting a 16th note in the arrange window will divide my region into 16th length regions. The same should happen in teh piano roll on a single midi note (creating a drum roll or tremolo). It doesn't. I get the plus button and it behaves just like it does in the arrange window, but only makes a single cut. They were talking about it on a bunch of forums, but I don't know if there was ever a fix for it. Thanks! i guess the workaround would be split the note and cut the region, but whack.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Divide multiple midi notes
    Hi Dave, This hasn't been fixed in Logic 9.1.6 unfortunately. However, I'd recommend this workaround: In the Piano Roll, cut the MIDI note at the first 16th. Delete the remainder of the note. Select the first 16th and hit Command-R (Repeat regions /events) type in 15 or however many copies of the original you want, make sure the Adjustment is set to "None" and hit Enter. Hope that works, Rounik
  • DaveDeLizza
    Re: Divide multiple midi notes
    That's actually better than mine, thanks for that workaround Rounik. Huge bummer that this still hasn't been fixed.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: