macProVideo.com
Forums
  • SYSTEM OVER LOAD
    I AM STUCK PLEZ HELP
    Hi,I am stuck I have recorded from a midi keyboard 5 tracks of midi only bass keys guitar track and i am using a loop drums,i am getting (SYSTEM OVER LOAD THE AUUDIO ENGINE WAS NOT ABE TO PROCESS ALL REQUIRED DATA IN TIME(-10011) i have not even recorded any audio yet!!! my system logic pro 9 ,macbook proaudio 2.16 Ghz core 2 and 2 GB ram 300 GB free hard drive space, please can anybody help?Thanks
  • rwols
    Re: I AM STUCK PLEZ HELP
    1. Make sure only Logic is running. For example, close your email program and browser and all other stuff. 2. Increase your audio buffer in the audio preferences pane to see if that has any effect. The larger your audio buffer, the more latency you'll have. 3. Start with an empty project and add tracks from there instead of one of the templates. See if that makes a difference. Is the processor or the memory the bottleneck? In the transport bar, double click the small "CPU" and "HD" symbols and watch their meters. Alternatively, just open Apple's activity monitor and press [cmd]+[3]. On the gearslutz forum, there's a thread where everyone can benchmark their computer for logic. Here: http://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-computers/371545-logic-pro-multicore-benchmarktest.html
  • Rounik Admin
    Good advice rwols! I'd also add that 2GB ram may not be very much if you are running lots of memory guzzling plugins. Also, what exact version of Logic 9 are you running? Have you raised the Buffer I/O size? (Preferences > Audio > Core Audio)
  • SYSTEM OVER LOAD
    thank you kindly i am reserching what you told me but certainly i dont have any other programs running,
  • SYSTEM OVER LOAD
    thank you also ,running 9.0.0 (166011)as plugins yes i ahve stucks trying to bus them see if it would help,
  • SYSTEM OVER LOAD
    oh buffer size 256
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi, Thanks for the info... but we'll need more details on the number of tracks... which plugins, etc. Also, I'd highly, highly, highly recommend you update Logic to the latest version (9.1.6) or 9.0.2 if you Mac will only support that version. Then you'll have the option to run Logic in 64-bit mode - though in your case, with only 2GB ram it actually won't make any difference. Secondly, once you've finished recording in Logic raise the Buffer I/O size. The lower the Buffer the less latency you'll get when recording/tracking. However, this eats up more of your Mac's CPU. So, try raising it to 512 or 1024. See how you get on. :)
  • SYSTEM OVER LOAD
    I have tried something,i had 1 bass 1 percussion 1 drum track,all midi and 3 piano tracks ,I cleaned up the piano tracks and amde them in to 1 tack now it seems to be working yesterday i added a vocal and sax now i am listenning no problems and have tons of plugins. i hope i dont jinks it!in my country turkey it is hard to get this kind of help thank god macpro and people like you i am so fortunate. thank you man if you ever need a sax track send it to me i will be more then glad to help you,i am not bad honored 1998 i of the downbeat magazine saxophonist of the year,recored at fantasy stidos CA 2 albums. I am going to update my logic today. thanks a million
  • GaryHiebner
    How many plugins are you using on the channel strips? There has been an issue where if you use too many plugins on a channel strip it can cause System Overload messages. In this case it may be better to send your Output to a Bus channel and then move across some of the plugins to the Bus channel. This way you distribute the plugins over two channel strips as opposed to one. Apple have reported that this decreases the CPU load.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey, No problem! We're here to help in any which way we can.... Do try out Gary's tips too. They'll help you to make your productions more CPU efficient! Thanks for the kind offer. If I need a sax track, I'll let you know :) Let us know how you get on after the Logic 9 update. Before you update, I'd highly recommend you backup your Mac if you're not already doing so. Here's some good articles on The MPV Hub to help: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/search?query=backup[/url] Cheers! R
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: