macProVideo.com
Forums
  • jazzrascal
    Fade up and down problem
    Hi, I'm a Logic Express newbie and am trying to learn how to do a fade up/down. I read the instructions in the manual, but I couldn't get it to work. Could someone explain to me (in very simple duh-like language) how to do it? Thanks!
  • rwols
    Re: Fade up and down problem
    I use Logic Pro but I guess it works the same. Here we go. In the arrange window, press [A] to open automation. Press [ESC] and then press [2] to select the pen tool. Draw points for fade-in and fade-out action. Afterwards, make sure the track mode is set to "read". You can also do this live, by setting the track mode to "latch", then press play to play your project, and make a fade-in or fade-out with the volume slider. Put the track back in "read" mode afterwards. You can adjust your performance by pressing [A] and seeing what you've made.
  • Rounik Admin
    Or if you prefer not to use automation and wish to apply fades to AUDIO regions then check out this Hub article: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/logic-pro/turntable-effects-logic-9s-speed-fades[/url] IMPORTANT: Follow every step of the article BUT don't switch the mode to Speed... keep it on default mode. :)
  • jazzrascal
    Thanks, I'll try this today!
  • jazzrascal
    Thanks, Rounik...I'm working with MIDI regions, but this is good info to have.
  • Rounik Admin
    No problem jazzrascal! I'd go with rwol's suggestion of using track automation... but another option would be to use Region based automation (Hyper Draw). Open the MIDI region in the Piano Roll and open the Hyper Draw view (button in bottom left corner). Choose 'Volume' and go crazy drawing in volume automation! You can curve existing lines between two nodes by using the automation curve tool or holding down Shift-Control and dragging the line with the pointer tool. Benefit of Region-based automation / hyper draw is the data is locked to the region. So, move, copy, etc the MIDI region without any worry that the automation will be left behind :)
  • jazzrascal
    Thanks! I'll see if I can wrap my head around this!
  • Rounik Admin
    Good luck. I'd definitely recommend the Logic 101 which'll take you through all the steps you need to understand about automation and fades too. Let me know if you need any more help. R
  • jazzrascal
    Thanks, Rounik...I have Logic 101 and am slowly working through it. Martin is good!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: