macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Lixufyy
    Using roland's SPD-SX as a controller w/Logic
    I would like to use rolands spd-sx as a trigger/controller for logics ultrabeat sounds, but I'm having trouble mapping specific sounds to the various 9 pads. Could anyone please give some insight on how to best go about configuring this. Thanks in advance for any help!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Using roland's SPD-SX as a controller w/Logic
    Hi Jim, I've not got hands on with this controller before... When you tap a pad what MIDI message do you see in the MIDI In area of Logic's Transport? Are you familiar with the Environment and how to use a fader (or transformer) to convert one MIDI message type to another? Thanks R
  • GaryHiebner
    I'd strongly recommend the following tutorials for advice from Steve, Martin, Rounik and the other teachers on how to setup the Environment for your external controls by seeing what MIDI assignments they have, and if need be how to change it. [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logic9303tnt2[/url] [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logic8303tnt2[/url]
  • mtec
    Hi, You shouldn't need to mess wit the environment to do what you want. i do the same thing with my spds. you should be able to create a new kit(or use an in-built one) in the spds and in the pad edit you can asign any note to a pad i.e kick is c1. Pad edit is explained in the manual. i have saved a kit in my spds as ultrabeat and when i used this i just turn the volume of the unit off so not to trigger the in-built sounds. hope this helps. S
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: