macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Tekemou
    Logic Control Surface Tutorials: Mackie Logic Control, XT &
    Hi Steve, I spoke with you at NAMM and I wanted to follow up on a request for advanced tutorials on using Logic with control surfaces. I realize that logic has a lot of issues in this respect and we all hope that Logic X fixes the many issues with the corrupt .cs files and other major issues with Logics implementation. But I think it is better to learn to work with what we have, lest we wait for years for an update that may not arrive. However flawed, the system does work. There has never been a tutorial that really explores how to use the Mackie Control devices (and variety of emulators for iPad) to their fullest. http://www.saitarasoftware.com/Site/Home.html http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/v-control-pro/id400423823?mt=8 There are a lot of shortcuts on the physical controllers that unlock hidden features that take some time to get ones head around. I think a solid tutorial would be extremely useful, not only for people that own the devices, but for prospective buyers and others that want to see what is possible with a control surface, and even iPad users. Additionally there are also great shortcut apps out there for the iPad that would be very useful in integrating into ones workflow. http://www.osculator.net/forum/threads/909-Logic-key-commands-set-(touchOSC)-for-download I personally use a combination of the LC, XT, C4 and Korg NanoKontrols and I am still working out my best setup, but I think this is a really important and often overlooked aspect of harnessing the power of modern DAW's. Logic in particular has some great features and flexibility in working with these control surfaces, one of which is using folders to create mixer groups. The bottom line is there are a lot of creative possibilities when one can really harness the power of physical controllers in Logic, particularly in mixing but also overall speed of workflow. I hope you guys consider doing something like this.
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Logic Control Surface Tutorials: Mackie Logic Control, XT &a
    Definitely a tutorial on the iPad control surface applications for Logic would be great.
  • steveH
    Re: Logic Control Surface Tutorials: Mackie Logic Control, XT &a
    Hey DR, Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you! I agree that some tutorials on Logic control surface integration is really needed... But I think we'll wait until the next version! Steve
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: