macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Zagytya
    Logic on MacBook Pro - quick question.
    I am using MacBook Pro laptop for Logic with 2 GB of RAM already. However, Logic Studio is a CPU consuming program because of which I want to expand my RAM capabilities. However, it seems that 2GB is the maximum RAM you can have on a laptop. I can feel my computer not running Logic at its best. It runs fine but its the little things such as loop browsing takes is not as smooth, etc... They do affect my speed a little bit. What all things could I do to make Logic Studio run better on my computer with the RAM I have....
  • JGUNZ
    Re: Logic on MacBook Pro - quick question.
    Have you thought about an external hard drive???
  • Zagytya
    [quote:13100]Have you thought about an external hard drive???[/quote] Yes, I already have an external hard drive with lots of information in it. I have stored the Jamp Packs and other Logic related information in my external.
  • Troycubb
    I have a 2.33 15" macbook pro , as well and I just added another gig of ram. So now I have 3 gig and it works really well with my setup. I use external drives as well. Check to see if you can add more ram. My Macbook Pro takes 3 Gig of ram.
  • Christian L
    If you have a Macbook Pro with the core duo processor, the max Ram is 2 GB. If you have a core 2 duo, the max is 3GB or 4 GB, depending on the model.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: