macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Vimezay
    Help! Selecting regions on adjacent tracks
    ... this may be a silly question, but here's the scenario: I'm working on two adjacent audio regions, the result of two mics on one instrument, using the marquee to select elements of both as pairs and drag them around⦠Ok⦠if I move my mouse away and attend to other business, HOW can I select both again? When I select one, the other disappears under it's previous audio. Is there some preference I have to check? I know someone knows the answer to this. For some reason I couldn't upload an image but here is a link to my screen: thanks! [url]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/338/adjacentaudioregions.jpg/[/url]
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Help! Selecting regions on adjacent tracks
    Hi moon sound, You should just be able to Shift-click on the 2nd region to select it. You might be interested in changing the drag mode (top right of Arrange area) to No Overlap, so that you regions don't disappear under each other but are trimmed when placing one over another. :)
  • Vimezay
    Hi Rounikâ thanks for your reply. It's wierdâ it doesn't do it all the time; it's kind of unpredictable... I don't like No Overlap because I want to keep my stems tidy, but I guess I'll have to. My workaround: If I optionâshift the lower part of one section it marquees itâ then I do the same to its sister section above it and both regions are selected and movable (also creating the same size regions underneath the two) Anywayâ I just thought there was some secret select parameter that I accidentally have on... :) thanks!
  • Vimezay
    sorry about the symbols. I guess I can't use long hyphen!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: