macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Hooversound
    Question for Tom re Latency Toolbox
    Hi Tom I've finished working my way through your excellent Logic Latency Toolbox video & I'm really impressed with the amount that I have learned from it, thanks very much for making that tutorial. After hunting through my system trying to eradicate any latency issues I have one problem which I can't figure out the best way to solve & I'm hoping you could suggest something, it's to do with MIDI clock. I have two pieces of hardware I send MIDI clock to, both pieces of kit are multi timbral so to maximise their potential I have to keep them on separate MIDI ports, I calculated from the first piece of kit that I needed to negative delay MIDI clock by -36 ticks to keep it tight with Logic. The second piece of kit is between 46 & 52 ticks off at all times, regardless of any delay applied to the MIDI clock transmission, I don't know why but applying the -36 tick delay doesn't seem to have anywhere near the effect I thought it would on this second piece. This is the last piece of my latency puzzle & I might be missing something really obvious but I just don't know what I should do to correct this, all my other external kit is really tight with Logic & if I was just playing my groovebox from Logic it is fine but as soon as I try to use it slaved to Logic then I have this MIDI clock problem. I hope what I've wrote makes sense
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: