macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Cucemya
    Pre-amp and latency
    I am considering getting a tube preamp to help warm up the sound of my guitar when I record. I am using Logic Pro 9 with a Presonus 22VSL interface. Every thing sounds great and I have the latency worked out so I almost can't feel it. Question is, will adding a tube pre-amp add latency? Presonus makes a small one channel pre I can afford. Anyone have experience, good or bad, with these? Thanks.
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Pre-amp and latency
    No, the tube pre-amp will not induce any latency. It will merely be applying the pre-amp effect to the audio signal, and retain the timing. Latency/Timing issues will come in to play with external MIDI effect units. The Presonus tube-amp is a very nice unit. Definitely recommend it for warming up your signal.
  • Cucemya
    Re: Pre-amp and latency
    Thanks for the feedback. I am looking forward to adding it to my studio. My guitar amp is the Cage Corsa and it has been a challenge trying to duplicate it's sound in Logic. The British amp comes very close with the AC30 sound, but I think what is missing is the actual tube sound. I was talking to a friend in Nashville last night and he also said the Presonus Tubepre was the way to go.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: