macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Marcelo
    Casio privia px-120 and Logic Pro 9 (9.1.6)
    Hi I bought an e. piano Casio privia px-120. I use it connected to a m-audio fast track pro and logic pro 9 (9.1.6) I'm having a strange problem. When I open logic sometimes it takes a while to play the notes when I hit the keys. And then when I start playing, the note I hit stop sounding, or they sound sustained even if the sustain pedal in unplugged. When I first bought it, it happened randomly, but now it happens everytime I use these three items together. (casio, fast track pro and logic). I really don't know what to do. Any ideas? I'm using macbook pro, running snow leopard osx 10.6.8. 2.26 GHz INtel Core 2 Duo 5 gb 1067 MHz DDR3
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Casio privia px-120 and Logic Pro 9 (9.1.6)
    How are you connecting your Casio Privia to your M-Audio Fast Track Pro? Are you connecting to the MIDI port?
  • Marcelo
    Yes I am. My casio privia doesn't have USB. I tried it with garage band and I get the same problem.
  • GaryHiebner
    So how are you setting up the Casio in Logic? You are creating a MIDI track in Logic, and using your Casio to play the MIDI notes? Are you using the audio from the Casio? Try going into the Audio MIDI Setup (Applications > Utilities) Then go to Window > Show MIDI Window. Click Rescan MIDI. This will rescan audio MIDI devices connected to your setup. Then go back into either Logic or Garageband and see if this has helped.
  • Marcelo
    Yes, I create a a midi track and use casio to play I use audio from logic and the au's instruments. Tried going into audio midi setup and did what you suggested but the problem persists Now I'm beginning to think the problem must come from either my Fast Track Pro or my casio piano, because I opened kontakt player and tried playing with one of it's instruments and I still get the same problem. This is really frustrating. Thank you for your help.
  • GaryHiebner
    Have you got any other MIDI devices you can test on your M-Audio Fast Track?
  • Marcelo
    Yes. I have kawai K4 and there is no problem with that one.
  • GaryHiebner
    Is the Kawai K4 connecting to your M-Audio Fast Track's MIDI port? It sounds like there may be an issue with your MIDI port on your Casio Privia PX-120? Can you take it through to your local music/audio store and maybe they can check the port for you?
  • Marcelo
    Yes my k4 is connecting to my fast track pro's midi port. I'll try what you suggested and I'll get back to you afterwards. Thanks!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: