macProVideo.com
Forums
  • nwyrktodd
    Hello I'm having trouble importing a clip I played, a file, a sample anything into sampler. I can not import a clip I played. Do I have to save it somehow as an aiff first? Also, when I try to import sounds to sampler I get the error message "sample is offline."
  • GaryHiebner
    How are you importing the samples into your sampler? Are you using the EXS24 sampler? If so, click on the edit button to open the edit windows of the EXS24 sampler. This is the area where you can assign different samples to different keys along the keyboard at the bottom. You can drag you samples from the Finder onto one of these keys. Then save your EXS24 instrument and this will allow you to save to samples with the instrument so that the EXS24 will be recalled later with the correct samples, and no offline error message.
  • nwyrktodd
    No I have a Korg X5D controller that I am using to play some bass lines. I want to drag and drop them into the sample area on sampler or simpler. I think they need to be saved as an aiff file first? Also I'm having a hard time sampling from an mp3. I can't get multiple samples from the same track. I want to sample one section like a voice "OOOH OOOH," then I want some bass notes "BOOOM BOOOM." I can't get the second part to sample or get them into a working arrangement to build a song. I'm a newbie, bear with me...
  • GaryHiebner
    When you say simpler/sampler are you using Logic or Ableton? As simpler is from Ableton. The EXS24 is the Logic sampler. If you want to use bits of an mp3 file, pull the file in Logic's Arrange page. Then cut out the snippets you want to use in a sample? Then select all the regions you have edited. Right click, then choose Convert > Convert to new Sample Instrument. This will make an EXS24 instrument with the selected regions setup on the EXS24 sampler.
  • nwyrktodd
    No I am using Ableton. I am having trouble importing clips I play into both Simpler and Sampler. Do I have to save them first?
  • GaryHiebner
    Hi nwyrktodd, Sorry I got confused as the post was under the Logic section. Yes, save the files as aiff's files. Then you can import this file (or drag it) into the Simpler.
  • nwyrktodd
    oh sorry about the confusion. so i export audio/video and that's it?
  • GaryHiebner
    Yes, do an Export Audio/Video. Then pull the file back into the Simpler.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: