macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Halijio
    Mono vs. Stero output and how to sum the channels
    Hi, I basically record cold voice and only need mono output...but I don't like that I can only have right channel or left channel unless I put the output to stereo. How can I sum the output so it comes out of both speakers, but is still a mono output?
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Mono vs. Stero output and how to sum the channels
    Make sure your channel strips are mono but clicking on the circle below the channel strip. If there are two interlinked circles it is a stereo channel. If it is one circle it is a mono channel. You can do the same with the master output and convert it to a mono channel as well.
  • Halijio
    I'm not sure I'm doing it correctly. If I record and save track as mono out...(Chan 1 or 2) it only plays in one speaker...even after I've gotten rid of the circle below the channel strip. If I take a file that I've recorded in one channel, hit the switch on the channel strip...it switches to Stereo Out...
  • GaryHiebner
    You could use the Gain plugin under the Utility section in Logic There you can choose to make the channel strip Mono on the plugin. Now bounce out the track and the signal to the left and right should both be the same. What are you wanting to do with the mono track?
  • Halijio
    I usually just record cold voice...no other added product...and since it's cold voice I don't need to have it stereo...since I'm also trying to have manageable file sizes it's what I need to do
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: