macProVideo.com
Forums
  • MorryNYC
    Screen resolution question
    I am teaching my guitar teacher how to use Logic Pro. He's legally blind, and has trouble viewing the screen at normal resolutions, so it is set to accommodate his disability. We keep getting the following message: "Logic Pro recommends a screen resolution of 1024x768; this system currently has a screen resolution of 1344x756. This configuration is not supported. If you choose to continue, the software may not function properly or provide optimal performance." My question is this: how important is this? He's not doing terribly complicated stuff. Mainly recording a few tracks of guitar. I have told him not to worry about it, but I thought I'd better find out from the experts if there are any issues this will cause. Thanks in advance for any help y'all can provide. best, Morry
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Screen resolution question
    What about using 1280 x 800? This works well. If not you can always try 1344x756, and if it doesn't work with Logic on your system, then change the resolution to what works.
  • MorryNYC
    So far I haven't detected any issues arising out of the resolution the way it is set. However, maybe I don't know what to look for. I'm not sure I understand why the resolution of the computer monitor would have any bearing on Logic's performance. Is there any problem in particular I should look out for? Thanks. M
  • GaryHiebner
    I'm not sure what issue's Logic will have with screen resolution. I suppose a screen resolution which was too little may have an issue. But I'm not too sure why a higher resolution would have an issue. Well least it's working. Keep us informed if you do run into any issues.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: