macProVideo.com
Forums
  • nylens
    Can I use folders with separate mixes?
    Hello! I usually mix things very differently in different part of the songs. For instance, a lead vocal may need more bottom end in the verse and can, later on, in the chorus benefit from a thinner sound. Yeah you know the drill. This can all be done with automation, or duplicates. But my question is this: can I make a folder with the tracks for the intro, and have a separate mixer for them? Without affecting the sound of the rest of the song. Thank you in advance!
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Can I use folders with separate mixes?
    Folders don't have separate mixers related to them. I think your best best will be to use auxiliary channels. Create an auxiliary channel for your vocals. Assign it's input to a bus. Then on the vocal audio channels, set the output to the bus channel you assigned to the auxiliary channel. Then you can automate elements on the auxiliary channel such as EQ settings and filters.
  • nylens
    Okay thank you for your answer. But what about folder automation? If you pack a folder you can automate the volume to the entire folder but nothing happens. Do anybody know how to do this?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi nylens, Gary's answer holds true for what you want to do. Remember that a folder is essentially an alternate Arrange page view... so as there is NO channel strip associated it's best to route the outputs of the channels to an Aux channel and automate that... [quote=Gary Hiebner]Folders don't have separate mixers related to them. I think your best best will be to use auxiliary channels. Create an auxiliary channel for your vocals. Assign it's input to a bus. Then on the vocal audio channels, set the output to the bus channel you assigned to the auxiliary channel. Then you can automate elements on the auxiliary channel such as EQ settings and filters.[/quote]
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: