macProVideo.com
Forums
  • the dim(e)
    Plug in problem
    Hey, I've just downloaded soundmagical spectral & mda's plug ins. I've put the folders in Library>Audio>Plug ins. I've run Audio units manager but no joy. Does anyone have any suggestions? thanks! Tom
  • redlogic
    Re: Plug in problem
    Put the [i].component[/i] files in Library>Audio>Plug-ins>[b]Components[/b].
  • the dim(e)
    Hey, I followed & put the .component files into the foler for the spectral but no joy. As far as i can see the Mda plug ins dont have? thanks Tom
  • Christian L
    Hi Tom, Launch Logic and go to Logic > Preferences > Audio Units Manager. You can click on the "Manufacturer" tab to order them by Manufacturers. Do you see the Michael Norris plugins in there? Are the plugins validated? If they're not validated, select them and click on "Reset & Rescan selection". If you don't see them in the Audio Units Manager window, quit Logic and double check that all SoundMagic .component files are located inside Hard Drive > Library > Audio > Plug-Ins > Components and restart Logic. (Place them directly in the Components folder... don't place them inside the SoundMagic Spectral Plug-ins folder). Let me know how it goes!
  • the dim(e)
    Thanks Christian! got the MN plug ins working :) I'm still struggling with the MDA plugins. As far as i can see they have no component files, just VST? i placed all the VST files into the VST folder & not within the MDA folder but can't seem to get Logic to recognise? If you have any suggestions that would be amazing! thanks! Tom
  • Christian L
    Hi Tom, Logic doesn't support VST plugins. If you want to use VST in Logic, you will have to use a VST to Audio Unit wrapper : [url]http://www.fxpansion.com/index.php?page=5[/url] Christian
  • the dim(e)
    Hey Christian, So there is no otherway round it than buying the AUW? the person who uses these uses Ableton & does'nt have AUW package. Is it just with Logic? here is the plugins in question- http://mda.smartelectronix.com/vst/help/mdaplugs.htm Thanks! Tom
  • GaryHiebner
    Hi Tom, Ableton can support VST's and AU's, which is why the user can use the plugins. The FXPansion VST to AU wrapper that Christian mentioned is the only way to go.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: