macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Roxageu
    Out of the blue bug
    Hi folks, I'm working on a track in Logic Pro 9.1.7 (32-bit) on my Mac running 10.6.8. The track has 109 layers of voices. It's a monster. I worked all day yesterday on it without incident. Even shut down the project and reopened it. No problem. Then this morning I awoke and opened the same project. Hit play - ok it plays. But a couple seconds later a warning shows up: "unexpected request for audio data. see console. (elastic audio) (-10024)" It doesn't stop playback. It just shows up there. What is this and how can I make it stop? I tried creating a new copy of the project but that didn't solve the problem. Anyone have a pearl of wisdom? Many thanks, Fredo Viola
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Out of the blue bug
    This is due to a bug in Logic. It is related to too many audio regions which use flex time. This bug is mentioned in the following topic with a possible solution. Try it out and see if it helps. [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/logic-pro-express&id=27198[/url] Look at sammydave's tip.
  • Roxageu
    Hi Gary, Yes, actually I have 112 separate vocals in this song, so a lot of regions using flextime. I suppose you're right, Logic is hitting it's ceiling. Another thing I noticed is that the regions will often go out of sync with eachother. In my opinion, the system should not play rather than present the audio in any other way than it's been produced. I spent hours corrected the vocals, which are quite rhythmic. Sometimes when they play they sound perfect. Other times they begin to drift. It's so frustrating! I'm not sure of which response by sammydave you are referring to. If it's the simplification of the song, yes, that's my next step, unfortunately. I'm working on a 2009 MBP with 8 gigs of ram. Do you think if I purchase a Mac Pro with 16 gigs of ram the problem will go away?
  • Roxageu
    and THANKS!!! btw! :)
  • GaryHiebner
    Yes, the section where sammydave mentions using the bounce in place option to reduce the amounts of regions using flex time. With a Mac Pro you will definitely have improved performance, but the flex time bug may still persist with a higher spec Mac, as it is a performance bug from Logic not the type of Mac.
  • Roxageu
    wow, I'm shocked this bug has been in Logic since August of 2010 and Apple hasn't fixed it yet.
  • GaryHiebner
    Unfortunately this has been a long standing bug. You could send a request to Apple to check this bug: [url]http://www.apple.com/feedback/macosx.html[/url]
  • Roxageu
    ok, just did! Thanks again!
  • GaryHiebner
    Great, I hope they sort this out. Or maybe we'll see a new Logic version soon. Who knows. We can only hope....
  • Roxageu
    indeed! But being that they just released an update and this problem was not fixed in it, I'm not holding my breath. In the meantime, my 112 voice song is just going to drive me up the wall! ;) I suppose it's helping me decide it's time to buy either a Mac Pro or some have suggested highest tier iMac. I used to work on a G5 and then I got into performing and lappies were the best bet. But now that I'm back "in the studio" they are really showing their limitations...
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: