macProVideo.com
Forums
  • NONOJO
    matching WAV.loops from audio bin to BPM?
    Any recommendations for getting WAV.loops/MP3 from your audio bin that are not the same tempo/bpm and having them stay on beat when previewed or dropped into the arrange window ? THNX jAY
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: matching WAV.loops from audio bin to BPM?
    Hi jAY, Do you know what tempo the Wav loop files are? If so, you.can either use the Time and Pitch Machine or the Flex Time. 1. Drag your audio into the Arrange WIndow. Double click it to bring up the Sample Editor window. Then go to [b]Factory[/b] > [b]Time and Pitch machine[/b]. Here you can convert the tempo of the audio. Set the [b]Original[/b] to the original tempo (if you know it) and then under [b]Destination[/b] add the new tempo. Under [b]Algorithm[/b] you can change the type of algorithm conversion to use. It will depend on the type of audio. [b]Universal[/b] seems to work quite well on different types of audio. 2. The other option is to use [b]Flex Time[/b]. Drag the audio file into the Arrange Window. Then hold the handle of the audio file+Alt, and drag the audio to reduce or increase it in comparison to your projects tempo/grid. Hope this makes sense. Let us know if you come right.
  • NONOJO
    Thanks Gary , Yes it makes sense & it helps but Im looking for an easier way to preview my loops & have them stay on beat, kinda like a rex file in Reason or a Abelton Live file. For the most part I won't know the original tempo of the loop file Im previewing from the audio bin in Logic so if you have any suggestions? Is there a program that would allow me to convert my sound lib to apple loops ? J
  • GaryHiebner
    Yes, you can use the Apple Loops Utility (Applications > Utilities > Apple Loops Utility). Here you can load up an audio file and there using the application setup the transients on the audio file. You can also save attributes to the file such so that it will make for easy browsing in the Loop Browser. You then can save out the audio file as an Apple Loop and use it in Logic.
  • NONOJO
    Cool man thnx , I added a folder that had about 10 loops & tried processing them all at one but It didn't work. The loops won't stay on beat. Looks like each individual file has to be processed on it's own. Any way of processing them all at once ? thnx J
  • GaryHiebner
    Yes, thats true. The files have to be processed individually. I don't think there is any application that can batch process audi files to apple loops. It has to be done on a single-file basis as each audio file is different and will need different transient markers and attributes.
  • NONOJO
    True , Thank you . If you ever hear of a program that can pull that off let me know , thanks , J
  • GaryHiebner
    Sure thing!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: