macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Gorynui
    synth tuning
    Maybe it's my ear, but I've opened one of Logic's soft synth basses and it sounds flat to me. I tried sending the signal to an aux with the tuner on it, but it isn't reading it. Any thoughts on how to get signal into the tuner?
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: synth tuning
    Which Logic synth were you using and was their a specific preset you were using? Maybe some of the oscillators were de-tuned slightly, which may account for the 'flat' sound.
  • Gorynui
    It's called Basement Bass, and it showed osc 1 as being 1 cent sharp, but that barely seems to make a difference.
  • GaryHiebner
    Hi sammydave, I have tried out the Basement Bass preset and it is all in tune. Their is no de-tuning of the preset. I have compared it to other bass presets and it sounds good. I also tried inserting a pitch correction plugin on the channel strip, but it did not change the sound at all. Could it not be some other instrument in your Logic project that may be clashing with it frequency-wise?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: