macProVideo.com
Forums
  • MorryNYC
    Melodyne Question
    I looked and there's no melodyne forum, so thought here would be the best place to post this question. I'm going through a vocal and tuning it manually, and then I want to duplicate the track and apply one of the "add random deviations" settings within melodyne to the second track. How do I do that? If I just duplicate the track, will the melodyne come with it? I believe Melodyne is track-based, not region or audio file based. Am I correct? How do I copy the tuned track? Thanks in advance for any guidance you can give me. Best wishes, M
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Melodyne Question
    Hi Morry, Are you using the Melodyne plugin in Logic or are you using the DAW version of Melodyne? Yes, Melodyne is track based. If you are working with the DAW version, when you duplicate a track it will copy the tuned settings across. You can then tweak this duplicated track and create a variation of the vocal. Using the pitch and formant tools you can create quite a drastically different sounding and pitched duplicate vocal part. If you are using the plugin version, what Melodyne does is create a temporary audio version of the audio file. You can tune the audio and create different variations. When you are finished I recommend bouncing the tuned part out as a new separate audio file.
  • MorryNYC
    Thanks, Gary, I'm working in the DAW version. So, I just create a track with the same settings, then drag a copy of the audio down to the new track? i.e. use the "new track with duplicate settings," then drag audio down?
  • MorryNYC
    Oops. answered my own question. Copy the plugin itself in the mixer. Got it. Hey thanks for your help, Gary. Nice to know you're here to help out. It's appreciated. Happy Weekend. M
  • GaryHiebner
    Thanks Morry. Melodyne is a great application. I also use it to time-stretch audio loops to insanely drastic settings. For example take a loop that is at 120BPM, and time stretch it to 12BPM. You get some very interesting ambient pieces.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: