macProVideo.com
Forums
  • GaryHiebner
    Favorite Logic Synth and Effect?
    What are you guys favorite Logic synth? And what Logic effects do you find are your most often 'goto' plugin of choice? I love the ES2. Once you dig into the parameters it is quite customizable. And my staple plugin effects are Logic's Compressor and the Channel EQ. I never really use any 3rd party compressors or EQ's, as I find these plugins always do the job great!
  • logicluvva
    Re: Favorite Logic Synth and Effect?
    Yeah. I love ES2 too for the same reasons.It can be beefed up or just left organic and to sit in the track. I also like the simpler synths. The effects...Logic's Compressor is just great now with the compressor types...and the mix control and the different ways of filtering the side chain. Parallel compression is so easily set up. I like messing around with al the effects anyway just in case a happy accident pops up to be rendered. All the best. I love Logic
  • Rounik Admin
    ooh... this is a hard one to answer. If I had to choose one instrument... it'd be either ES2 or Sculpture. Both are awesome in their own right. As for effect. I think the Delay Designer probably shades it... just because you can do crazy pitch and filtered delays as well as create interesting glitch effects. The standard Logic Compressor is probably my most used stock plug-in though... :)
  • Matteo
    Logic's compressor! [url]http://www.soundcheckstudio.it[/url]
  • MorryNYC
    I'm kind of with Rounik. I love the delay designer. Also don't think I've recorded a single project without using Space Designer somewhere. For instruments, I'm in agreement with the ES2 and Sculpture. I'd add to that list, though, the EVD6.
  • Rounik Admin
    Of course... Space Designer. How could I forget that! I use it so often I barely think about it being a plug-in ;-)
  • GaryHiebner
    Yes, Space Designer is amazing. I also use it on everything that I forget how lucky we are to have such a great impulse response reverb in Logic.
  • Hooversound
    I'm finding it difficult to narrow my answer down to one synth & one effect, I was initially going to say ES2 as it's just so versatile but it's not my most used "stock" synth as I have other tools in my arsenal which do the same thing with a better sound. So, the "stock" synth I use the most & is my nomination for favourite is Sculpture - it can do things I can't so quickly replicate elsewhere. On the effects side of things, hmmm, which one to choose ⦠can I just nominate the whole environment as my favourite effect? There are amazing things that can be done in there.
  • mtec
    Making vectors up in ES2 , Awesome! Effects, prob Space Designer, Love it. mtec
  • ben37
    My favorite synth is actually the ES P. I find its simple layout and ability to cross different wave shapes to be very intuitive and musical. I use it primarily for bass and stabby sounds, which I then modify with other effects. For great bass, I just cross mostly saw and square, with a little pulse and noise, then it goes out to dada life sausage fattener, then either overdrive, bit crusher, or sound toys decapitator, then maybe bussed to a little chorus or reverb. and eq'd slightly of course (low cut). Space designer is my favorite plugin. my favorite preset is HD conservatory
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: