macProVideo.com
Forums
  • jimandroz
    Why do some of my previous songs with loops gray?
    Hi, How do I undo the grayed loops from the previous songs I have written. Your help is appreciated! Roz
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Why do some of my previous songs with loops gray?
    It sounds like the audio regions are muted. Click on the audio region and press [b]M[/b]. This will un-mute the regions. I suggest taking a look at the Logic 9 101 tutorial. It will explain many of the steps to working with Logic and it's user interface and shortcuts. [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logic9101[/url]
  • jimandroz
    Hi Gary, I did read the tutorial as you suggested. I am trying to get rid of the grayed out regions, they are both audio and loops, and haven't been able to yet. When I hit Caps lock to get capital M the mini keyboard opens to the left. there isn't an M on the keyboard. So this doesn't do it. I select the region and hit m (since I can't hit caps to get M) and a little dot appears on the region. Basically it is not turning back to the original loop and/or audio. Any help is appreciated. Thanks! Roz
  • jimandroz
    Gary, I tried the mute tool too and this simply turned on the dot in the corner. I am trying to get it back to the original so I can hear it again. Thanks again. Roz Sorry for confusion before, I realize you were referring to the pointer area.
  • GaryHiebner
    Hi Roz, Unfortunately I am not too sure why else your regions would be grayed out other than if they were muted. Try create a new audio track, then move these grayed regions onto the new track, and then see if they play.
  • jimandroz
    Hi Gary, I like the way you think, good try. It didn't work however moving to another track. The loop is half blue on top and half grey on the bottom half. when I use M it puts a dot in the left corner. Haven't been able to get it back to the original loop though. Thanks! Roz
  • GaryHiebner
    Make sure that the whole channel strip is not muted, by clicking the M on the channel strip.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: