macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Lokewyi
    Step time sequencing
    I am a big fan of step time sequencing but I seem to be having some issues. I attempted to step time a 16th note motif with dynamics for a trance project but for whatever reason the note value appears to be a 1/4 note even if I select 1/8 or 1/16??? Any suggestions??? Thank you
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Step time sequencing
    What version of Logic are you running? And what operating system do you have on your Mac? Are you using the Step Input Keyboard in Logic to do this?
  • Lokewyi
    I am using Logic Pro 9.1.7 and my Mac is lion 10.7.3. When I step record I use my controller not the step input key board.
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Re: Step time sequencing
    Hi Lovedup, Unfortunately I am not too familiar with the Yamaha Motif keyboards. It sounds like it is Motif issue not a Logic issue. Do you run any other DAW's? Can you try see if the step time feature on your Motif works in another DAW?
  • Lokewyi
    Re: Re: Step time sequencing
    Gary - My controller is an M-Audio 64 keystation. The motif I was referring to was my hook, musical idea. I apologize for not explaining myself correctly or using the wrong jargon. I was attempting to step record a 1/8, 1/16 note trance lead using my M-Audio controller not the step time keyboard. When I input the 1/16 note it registers as a 1/4 note when I am step recording in the score section of Logic not the piano roll. Does the key on the left of the score section with all the note durations, key signatures, etc have anything to do with the value of the note being step recorded? Is there anything I have to do in the settings or preference section? Thank you
  • GaryHiebner
    Yes, the keys on the left under the 'Part Box' do effect the note durations. Try a different key and see if that change the note length.
  • Lokewyi
    Gary - As always you are the man!! Thanks
  • GaryHiebner
    Great, glad could help.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: