macProVideo.com
Forums
  • drumit
    Score Style for Superior Drummer
    Hello, anyone know how to setup a Score style for Superior Drummer midi? I haven't been able to get the drum notation to properly show what's being played. Thanks much for any help!
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Score Style for Superior Drummer
    Have you used the Score Window in Logic? Go to Window > Score ([b]Cmd-3[/b]). This way you will be able to use Score Notation instead of the Piano Roll style editor. You can also change the settings so that when you double click a MIDI region it displays in the Score Editor. Go to Logic > Preferences > General > Editing tab. Under '[i]Double Clicking a MIDI Region Opens'[/i] choose [b]Score[/b].
  • drumit
    Hello, I use the Score Window with the Drum style selected for the regions. My problem is that the notes don't show up properly on the staff, specifically the high hat and cymbals. I'm sure there's a way to edit this and create a unique score style but I don't know how. My question is if anyone knows how to create these, and ideally if someone has done one for Superior Drummer. Thanks much.
  • GaryHiebner
    I don't think you can change it anywhere in the Score Window in Logic. You will need to change it in Superior Drummer plugin. Change the MIDI note that the drum hit correlates to. I don't have Superior Drummer, but it sounds like the drumkit you are using does not stick to the GM Drum Map standard. For example, make sure the closed hats are assigned to F#1.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: