macProVideo.com
Forums
  • cbanks
    chopping samples
    does logic have anything similar to imagine line slice x or kontak when chopping samples? I want to speed up my work flow when it comes to that.
  • cbanks
    Re: chopping samples
    im running logic 9 by the way on a mac 10.6.8
  • GaryHiebner
    Try using the '[b]Convert to New Sampler Track[/b]' command. Select your audio region, right click and choose 'Convert to New Sampler Track' This will bring up a dialog box, choose [b]Transient Markers[/b]. This will pick up all the transients in the track, and assign each transients to a different key on the EXS24 instrument.
  • cbanks
    thank you for the feedback, its been really useful! instead of logic doing it automatically, is there any way for me to set\edit the transient markers and then cut them? logic creates a lot more transients than i want.
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Re: chopping samples
    Take a look at Mike Watkinson's article on Transients [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/logic-pro/tab-transient-logic-pro[/url] Transient Markers are really easy to edit in the Sample Editor. In the Sample Editor you can double click on each slice and perform edits. You could 'Silence' slices or 'Change Gain' on slices. Also Logic's Flex Time works quite well. It analyzes the audio file for any transients and then you can adjust these transients manually. You can also use the Apple Loops Utility (Applications > Utilities) to distinguish the Transients on an audio file and then save it as a Apple Loop file which you can import into projects and it will adjust to the project tempo.
  • cbanks
    Re: Re: chopping samples
    Legit! This fixed all of my problems! Thank you sir!
  • GaryHiebner
    Great stuff!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: