macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Xapemau
    Logic Pro 8 and Mac Lion
    Hi, I went down to an Apple store to ask if Lion is compatible with Logic Pro 8.He told me not to get it, because some of its updates might not be compatible with 3rd party plug-ins.He also said; you would have to check all your 3rd party companies to see if they were.Before I write to each and everyone of them, I thought I would ask you first? I have Omni,RMX,Native Instruments,Korg Legacy,Ezdrummer that are important to me.Or should I wait for Logic 10 or whatever they come up with as a name? Thank you for your time.
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Logic Pro 8 and Mac Lion
    What versions of '[i]Omnisphere ,RMX ,Native Instruments, Korg Legacy ,Ezdrummer [/i]' do you have? Most of the Spectrasonics and Native Instruments instruments are compatible with Lion. Then we can let you know which are compatible and which aren't. There is still no news on when Logic 10 will be released. There have been rumors going for the last year. What Mac are you running and does it have Lion on it? I would suggest going for Logic 9, as you may spend awhile waiting for Logic 10. But probably as you buy Logic 9, Logic 10 will come out the next day. Very tricky with Apple. At least they have drastically dropped the price on Logic.
  • Fubaveu
    Apple retail Genius here (Logic 9 certified) Almost everything should be compatible with lion as of now. (most companies have posted on sites if they are ready for the move to lion) Big thing to make sure of though - 32 bit plugins will not work as lion is a 64 bit OS, so any plugin you have that's not installed as 64 bit is useless.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: