macProVideo.com
Forums
  • sus4
    Popping sound when I play my controller
    I recently upgraded to Logic Express 9. I've been recording and everything was fine until today. Don't know what I did, but I'm getting a popping sound when I release any key on my keyboard controller. I can play any key and Logic will play the note, but when my finger comes up to release the key I get that popping sound. The song I recorded plays back fine. Thanks for any help. sus4
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Popping sound when I play my controller
    Hi sus4, What controller are you using? Can you try another thing. Create a new user account on your Mac. Then log into this user. Launch Logic and see if your controller does the same things. I think it may be a Logic user preference which may be damaged. By creating the new user and logging in will confirm this. Let me know what happens, and then I can give you further info.
  • sus4
    Gary, Thanks for your response. I don't turn my computer off at night. I reboot once or twice a week. So this morning I read your response and before I did what you suggested I tried Logic again and guess what, the popping sound was gone. Don't know why. I didn't do a thing. My computer was on all night and last night and all day yesterday I had the popping sound. The controller I use is called Kaysound, a very inexpensive one that i've had for a long time. If you have any further comment about this problem I like to hear it. Thanks again for your quick response. I got no response at all when I posted this same question on the Apple Support website. I have one other problem that you probably can help me with. Should I make another post or should I ask you here? Thanks, sus4
  • GaryHiebner
    Great, glad it worked after the restart. I'm not too sure what could of caused it, but least the restart helped. If all else fails, restart.... Please make a new post for your next question. Thanks.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: