macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Ramoruo
    2 controllers 2 ports setup
    Hi, i'm gonna play next week with 2 controllers: 1. The Vdrums: i'm using it to play the toontrack's superior drummer samplers, via midi interface UM-2G (Roland). Usb cable. 2. The Laboratory from Arturia wich is a 49 keys keyboard: i'm using it to play logic's, native's and arturia's instruments. USB connection. Both controllers are connected to an M-audio's Project Mix. The project mix is conected to my Macbook pro through a firewire cable. The problem is when i hit the key of my keyboard (Laboratory) it triggers also the sounds of the superior drummer and vice versa. I have no port options in the channels, and i don't know how to use properly the environment. Please tell me how to make the correct setup. Thanks, Luis
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: 2 controllers 2 ports setup
    Do You know if you can set the MIDI channel that the Roland UM-2G and Laboratory send MIDI out on. If so, then you can go into the Environment Window ([b]Cmd-8[/b]), and change the MIDI channels. In the Envirnoment stay on the [b]Mixer[/b] layer. Then go to [b]New > Physical Input[/b]. This will show all the MIDI devices which are connect to your Mac. You can then connect the respective MIDI device to the correct Instrument in Logic. Then when you go to the Arrange or Mixer Window make sure the correct MIDI channel is set on the Logic Instrument.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: