macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Gunpreet
    Logic System Oveload
    I have been facing these system overload error msgs. Saying the audio engine is unable to process the given amount of data. Also when the msg occurs it seems the cpu meter just jumps to the threshold level. Right when i start with a new project with just a few tracks loaded in I see the CPU meter reaching almost the threshold level. My current machine config is as follows: IMAC 1TB 7200rpm internal drive ..... of which around 800 gb is free.... also 4gb ddr3 ram..... Processor :2.7GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 with 6MB on-chip shared L3 cache Now the problem is that it's just been 3 months since i have purchased the machine and already i am getting this msg...... I followed many forums over the internet and found dat dis is a CPU related issue....I also got someone to hook me up with 10 gigs of RAM just to check weather this is not a memory related issue which it is not..... The first time i got this msg was with a project containing around 15-20 software tracks with third party as well as logic instruments and all the track might have 2-3 effect plugins as well..... now i want to know if this actually a lot of load for a CPU..... Also i just tried this with a test project containing around 25-30 tracks with just EXS instrument loaded in all of them....without and effect plugins....and i get the same msg... again and again..... Only reason i shifted to a MAC was to get a better performance....I thought this processor should be decent enough to handle this much load atleast.......
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Logic System Oveload
    Hi Gunpreset, I would of thought it would be a 3rd party plugin issue, but since you said it is happening in a project with just ESX24 instruments I guess not. Have you updated Logic to the latest version?
  • Gunpreet
    yes i had upgraded logic to the latest version...but still m facing the same problem.....
  • GaryHiebner
    Can you try another thing for me. Create a new user account. Then log into Logic and setup a project with 10-15 tracks and see if it does the same thing. This way we can distinguish if it may be a user account or system issue. Let me know how it goes.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: