macProVideo.com
Forums
  • LOGIC GUY
    HELP WITH LOCKING A SAMPLE
    HELLO I'm looking for the tutorial on locking a sample or can anyone tell me how to do it. i'm using an apple loop and i want to speed up the tempo of the song without the sample moving. every time i change the tempo the sample moves and it's out of sync. i saw a tut on it before but i can't find it thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: HELP WITH LOCKING A SAMPLE
    Hi Logic Guy, First thing to do is create your loop in the arrangement with Logic's tempo matching the loops tempo. Next drag the region (loop) into the Loop Browser on the right hand side. This should give you the options to add the audio region to the loop library. Make sure you choose "loop" and not "one-shot". Once you've set all the options, find the newly created loop in the Loop Browser and drag it into your project. It should now conform to the tempo of the project. Hope this helps :)
  • LOGIC GUY
    thanks but i mean that i already have the loop in my song. then i reversed the sample. now when i try to speed up the song the sample is off beat i saw a tut before that showed how to lock the sample and a little lock appears on the sample. then i think i can change the tempo without the sample moving
  • GaryHiebner
    Ok, so I think when you reversed the apple loop it created a new audio region. Yes, you can right click the audio region and select lock to smpte.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: