macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Kroes
    LE 9.1.7 and Audio units
    I have logic Express 9.1.7. How do I find my Ivory Library (Synthology) Kontact 4; Kore Player; Reaktor 5 like I can access in GB? When I add a software track; The logic instruments come up as well as the GB instruments--but where are the rest- like my Ivory piano? I can get them all to come up in GB? What am I missing?
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: LE 9.1.7 and Audio units
    Hi Kroes, Under the Logic and Garageband Instruments do you have an [b]AU Instruments[/b]? You will find them here.
  • Kroes
    In the application Garage Band- the AU instruments are where I find these. On LE - I cannot find the AU instruments anywhere. At the top of LE I click "Media",. there is now a list of different instrument folders including Logic instruments and there is also a folder for GB. When I open the GB folder all of the instruments appear but they are just the standard GB instruments. I am looking for my Ivory Symbology instruments as well. There is no AU tab or folder and I cannot figure out how to access them in LE. In GB- I have no problem. I have been literally recording those in GB and then importing into LE to fill in the rest of the songs. I just want to do it all in LE.
  • GaryHiebner
    Try this: In Logic. Go to Preferences > AU Manager. And see if your Ivory, Kontakt, and Reaktor players appear in there.
  • Kroes
    Yes- all are there- all are checked and all read successfully validated. When I click done- nothing happens except the AU manager screen goes away. Basically the AU Manager reads I am all set to use these...but how do I access them as they are not appearing anywhere for me to play the instruments
  • GaryHiebner
    Hi Kroes. I think the Media tab will only show you the Logic Instruments, not 3rd party Instruments. Create a new Software Instrument ([b]Alt-Cmd-N[/b]) Then right click and hold on the box above the Stereo Output on the channel strip. Scroll down to [b]AU Instruments[/b]. You should see your 3rd party Instruments there.
  • Kroes
    Most are there- but it is still missing the synthology Ivory instruments. I guess I will have to just record those in GB and then import to LE which is ridiculous. Ivory is not showing up anywhere in LE except for under preferences AU manager, where it reads that it is suppose to be there for LE, but it is not.
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Re: LE 9.1.7 and Audio units
    What version of Ivory are you running? Have you updated it to the latest version. It may be an incompatibility with Logic.
  • Kroes
    Ivory I am using is Version 2.0.5 b73 X32 COA---this is what it reads on the program preferences.
  • Kroes
    Bingo- I went back to AU preferences and unchecked all the boxes of AU except the Ivory. I did a rescan of just the one since all the rest were there. I rechecked all the boxes again and I exited LE completely after the Ivory scan was successful and had "passed". I went back in to LE and created a new track and it appeared. I think the problem was that Ivory had an update that I completed a couple of months ago and perhaps I needed to "update" the Ivory AU in Logic as well. The rescan of that one AU in AU preferences seemed to do the trick. Thanks for the help.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: