macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Al Dobko
    midi loop
    Whenever I try to add a particular midi loop from the timeline into the loop browser it keeps turning into an audio loop! What am I doing wrong? Great forum, by the way; always get an answer! Thanks! Al
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: midi loop
    Make sure you drag it onto a MIDI track, not an Audio track. See if that works.
  • Al Dobko
    I mean I create a new midi drum part and try to add it to the loop browser to save it as a new loop but it keeps saving as an audio loop instead of a midi loop.
  • GaryHiebner
    Hi Al, Are you trying to export out the MIDI or save it as an Apple Loop? The Apple Loop will contain the MIDI File and the associated software instrument and plugins. If you want to save it as an Apple Loop Select the MIDI region, right click it and choose Export > Add to Apple Loop Library. [url=http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/upload/upload/server/php/savedfiles/files/mpv_39368_14931_Export_to_Loops.png] [img]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/upload/upload/server/php/savedfiles/thumbnails/mpv_39368_14931_Export_to_Loops.png[/img] [/url] A dialog box will come up were you can add some attributes to the loop. Then it will be added to your Apple Loops Library for you can access it later and in other projects.
  • Al Dobko
    I was trying to save it as a midi loop; I drag the midi drum part into the browser, but then when I drag it back out its an audio loop.
  • GaryHiebner
    Right click on the MIDI region and choose[b] Export > Export as MIDI file[/b]. This will just save it as a MIDI File. If you choose the [b]Export > Add to Apple Loops Library[/b] it will add it as an Apple MIDI Loop. Try drag it onto a MIDI channels and see it still makes it an audio file.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: