macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jideseo
    Maschine Mikro as a plugin inside logic
    I want to use Maschine Mikro as a plugin inside Logic so that I can input Midi from the Maschine Mikro hardware controller, record it in a Logic object on the Arrange page and play it back so that I can hear Maschine's sounds in my song as I would with any other plugin. I've checked out Native Instruments' FAQ's and they have nothing on this topic. I also found a web tutorial on this topic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVHSfa5bGbM. It looks quite good BUT... it requires a change to Maschine's Midi settings and only gives the REGULAR Maschine commands. The Maschine Mikro buttons are different. The NI site gives no help on Midi settings and also does not give a like-for-like comparison of button commands. I asked NI for help and received an answer to a different question Hmmmmmm! Can you guys please help? Best regards, Tim
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Re: Maschine Mikro as a plugin inside logic
    Hi Tim, I don't have a Maschine controller, but I have done some researching and will attempt to answer your question: In Logic: 1.Go to Settings > Synchronization. Tick [b]Destionation 1[/b], and in the dialog box underneath choose all 2. Then go down to [b]MIDI Machine Contro[/b]l and tick both the dialog boxes under this. 3. Now open Maschine on a software instrument channel. 4. On the Maschine software interface choose a Group Kit/Instrument. 5. Next to the Group there is an arrow. Click on the arrow and choose [b]Sound MIDI Batch Setup[/b], and tick [b]Sounds to MIDI Notes[/b]. Now this will record your MIDI into Logic, not the Maschine Sequencer. 6. If you wish to use individual sounds or plugins, then choose [b]Sounds to MIDI Channel[/b] in the Sound MIDI Batch Setup.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: