macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Setoxau
    Logic Pro 9 saving issue
    hey guys i had a weird problem last night was wondering if anybody else has experienced this issue and has any imput... I've been working on a project where i finished all the drum work and was working on some fills, the drumS were obviously done in ultrabeat and i bounce a percussive hit and loaded it into the EXS24 to get some pitch changes going... Now i must of saved this project and the edit function in the EXS 24 a gizzilion times which by the way appeared in my projects folder. HOWEVER apon opening it one final time last night my EXS24 sample had magically dissapeared... when i located the file in the projects folder it was unable to load AS WELL AS my project had undertaken to reload different drum hits in an entirely different track on the ultrabeat channel, i guess it didn't like the samples i was using?!?! I had used some sample drum hits which too were saved to the projects folder?!?! Fortunately i had the backup save folder and could recover my drum track, the EXS24 sample however was lost forever a sound i had tinkered with the most and felt quite happy with will just never sound the same to me.... Any imput would be gladly appreciated!!! Thanks
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Logic Pro 9 saving issue
    Hi Darren, Where were you saving the ESX24 patch to? I have had a few issues with the EXS24 when saving patches. I found the best is to do the following: 1. Create a new folder in your Logic project folder. Maybe name it Samples or something. Save the sample you create here. 2. Then when you save the EXS24 patch save it to the Sampler Instruments folder in this Logic project folder, not to the default folder (which is normally ~/Library/Application Support/Logic/Sampler Instruments). Also make sure that when you save your Logic project you have ticked 'Copy EXS instruments to project folder' and 'Copy EXS samples to project folder' under the Assets section in the Save dialog box. Sounds a bit backwards as it should be saving the instruments and samples to the project folder. But Logic does get confused sometimes, and as you have experienced when you reload the project it cannot find the samples. And least if it messes up again, you know that you have saved the sample to a new folder and can relocate it if necessary.
  • Setoxau
    Hey Gary Thanks for the reply... I've ticked the 'Copy EXS instruments/samples to project folder' and just leave it to its default saving location most of the time, i'll keep better notice of the file path from the save dialog box next time as well, the weird thing being it had created a Sampler Instruments folder in my project where i could actually see the EXS extention for my sample but it refused to load up?! Whats more is the ultrabeat track loaded different samples which to me sounded as though it was from the default kit and those samples i had loaded into ultrabeat from a random Drumdog sample pack were also visible in my project folder! ayayah... :( thanks a lot man i'll try those tips...
  • GaryHiebner
    Thats is very weird. Can't explain the Ultrabeat thing. Least you were able to open a backup project. Yeah, I've had some funny incidents with EXS24, were I lost a lot of time trying to correct it. So I stick to my little method mentioned in case.
  • MorryNYC
    I think I may start doing that too: as a default, include esx24 and ultrabeat samples in the project folder. I never have until now, as in my mind, the reason for that is so it is easy to take a project and move it to another computer, which in my setup I never do. But I had some funkiness with a sample I was using in Ultrabeat, and next time I opened the project, Logic couldn't find the sample and I also lost some time trying to get back the sound I had tweaked. So at Gary's suggestion, I did include the Ultrabeat samples in the project folder, and then copied the sample I wanted to use into that folder, and that seemed to fix the issue.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: