macProVideo.com
Forums
  • bonehead
    Sounds Like Static
    When recording audio tracks I get an intermitent sound which sounds a little like static (not like clipping). I've tried swapping out microphones, and cables, but still that little annoying static sound pops in every now and then . Mostly heard on quiet tracks. I'm using a mac book pro, with operating system Lion 10.7.4 - My audio interface is a presonus 1818VSL. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix this issue. Thanks
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Sounds Like Static
    Hi Bonehead. Does it happen in every project or only specific projects? Under Preferences > Audio is your Presonus selected there? And not some aggregate device. Have you tried different inputs on your Presonus? It may be a problem with one of the inputs. Try these and let me know. It will have to be a process of elimination.
  • bonehead
    Hi Gary: I have tried all inputs of the presonus, and it is definitely selected in the preferences audio menu. I have a 10 sec sample mp3, but can't seem to embed it here. I figured if you heard it, you may recognize what I am doing wrong... Thanks again, Graham (bonehead)
  • GaryHiebner
    Hi Graham, Can you try something for me? Choose your Build-in Audio Device for the Input and Output. Then record-enable a track and see if the noise is still there. Therefore we can diagnose if it is an audio interface issue or audio software issue. Are you using any other audio software? Does the same thing happen in other software when you use your Presonus device? Maybe try in Garageband as well and see if it does the same thing.
  • bonehead
    Hi Gary: When I record an audio track with the built in audio device I don't appear to get any static like clicking. I will contact presonus and see if they have any suggestions. Thanks for your help. I will let you know their reply... Graham
  • GaryHiebner
    Thanks, it does sound like it may be the Presonus that is the problem.
  • bonehead
    Hi All: I Have been through a frustrating ordeal. No matter what I tried, I always ended up with pops and clicks on my audio tracks when recording. I had a great administrator here in this forum who offered suggestions ( who I failed to get back to, when I said I would) in isolating this problem. So here I am now, as I thought this may help a few people out there. After multiple attempts contacting Presonus, I got lucky and found a wonderful Tech that solved my problem. The problem lies in a bug between the VSL interface and Macs core i7 processor. By eliminating the VSL software and using my Mac to run logic pro my problem has been solved. No more superfluous clicks and pops on my audio channel. What a concept; good clean audio. Gary was helping me with this situation. Thank you, and I hope this helps you.
  • GaryHiebner
    Hi Graham, I'm glad you finally resolved the issue. Thanks for letting us know the outcome
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: