macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Kroes
    just downloaded- question on save as and save
    I just downloaded the Pro app and am officially using the pro app over my old logic express. I had an express song that I was working on and opened it in pro. I made some changes and clicked "save as"... a bunch of different things I could click appeared before I could save the file such as: copy EXS instrument to project folder; ultrabeat samples to project folder; space designer; movie files etc...the default "checks" are --include assets and copy external files to project folder....I just left those two checks and "saved as". I then opened the file later and everything seemed to be intact. I just wanted to make sure that this was the correct thing to do before I spent hours on a project and saved it this way only to find out that I did not save 1/2 my work.
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: just downloaded- question on save as and save
    Yes, this is the correct way. Make sure you tick everything you need under the Assets section. If you have audio files, EXS24 and Ultrabeat instruments in the project, then choose to save them to the project folder.
  • Kroes
    audio files, EXS24 and Ultrabeat instruments I don't know what any of these are, which is the problem. Are they AU units from another program? Other than what comes with the logic package: I have: Ivory II; Strum; Kontakt 7 and Sonik Synth 2
  • GaryHiebner
    They are Logic's Software Instruments. So when you tick these Assets Logic will save the audio files associated to these Logic Instruments.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: