macProVideo.com
Forums
  • LOGIC GUY
    Unwanted background noise and static
    Hello everyone. I might have asked this before but doesn't anyone have any ideas or techniques to remove background noise from a video clip just using logic. I tried the noise gate but it just doesn't do the trick. Also are there any tutorials showing how to do it and tutorials on using the noise gate. Thanks.
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Unwanted background noise and static
    You could try using Soundtrack Pro as its has a very good Noise Reduction tool. Here is Rounik's article on how to do this in Soundtrack Pro: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/soundtrack-pro/howto-removing-background-noise-soundtrack-pro[/url] You can then re-import the new audio file back into Logic. Martin Sitter's video tutorial on Soundtrack Pro also has a [i]Reducing Noise[/i] and [i]Audio Restoration[/i] sections which you could also take a look at: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/soundtrackPro2[/url]
  • Jadystacia
    Re: Unwanted background noise and static
    Do you have an example of the clip? What type of noise you're trying to get rid of changes how you approach it. In addition to using Soundtrack Pro (which I don't believe is bundled with Logic anymore? I can't remember), you can check out specialty noise-reduction plugins. Waves has some great ones, and the iZotope RX noise reduction plugins are talked about often. These target noise much more efficiently than a standard noise gate is able to.
  • GaryHiebner
    Thanks Jadystacia. Yes, if you do not have Soundtrack Pro then investing in a good noise-reduction plugin is a must. I would also recommend iZotope's RX. It incorporates great algorithms to reduce the background noise.
  • LOGIC GUY
    THANKS ALOT GUYS
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: