macProVideo.com
Forums
  • SixStringsDown
    On the fly switching of different mixes
    This guy figured it out. It's blowing my mind. Anyone know how to do this? http://youtu.be/dHQ_BT5d5ok
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: On the fly switching of different mixes
    This is obviously a complex environment that the this user has created. Very hard to say how they created this without seeing their Environment layers. It must involve items in the Environment which control and store MIDI program messages. Let us know if you get it right.
  • MorryNYC
    Wow. Is all I can say. Kind of brain-melting. Well, no, not just wow. Also, why? ;-) But I'm also curious about the faceplate. My logic does NOT look like that. Where is that coming from?
  • GaryHiebner
    He must of edited the GUI properties to get the different look. If you wish to do so check this post from Rounik on how to do it: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/audio/logic-pro/18828[/url]
  • Rounik Admin
    [quote=Tieg]This guy figured it out. It's blowing my mind. Anyone know how to do this? http://youtu.be/dHQ_BT5d5ok[/quote] Hey guys, Look no further than [b]Logic TNT3 videos 64 to 72[/b] where I show every step in how to create a Mixer Snapshot Environment similar to the one who linked to... I also demonstrate how a MIDI Keyboard can be used to switch between mixer settings on the fly. [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logic304[/url] Hope this helps :)
  • SixStringsDown
    Thanks Rounik! I have TNT3, but I don't remember seeing that for some reason. Definitely gonna check it out again.
  • Peter Schwartz
    The environment shown in the YouTube video is good for certain things (store/recall of mute, solo, and FX bypass), but due to limitations in Logic it's not possible to store/recall exactly accurate levels of faders.
  • Rounik Admin
    [quote=Ski]The environment shown in the YouTube video is good for certain things (store/recall of mute, solo, and FX bypass), but due to limitations in Logic it's not possible to store/recall exactly accurate levels of faders.[/quote] Very true. I remember having this conversation with you when I was shooting the Mixer Snapshot videos for the TNT3 series... It's close... but not as accurate as it could be.
  • Rounik Admin
    [quote=Tieg]Thanks Rounik! I have TNT3, but I don't remember seeing that for some reason. Definitely gonna check it out again.[/quote] My pleasure! Hope you enjoy trying it out. It was certainly a lot of fun (with some pulling of hair) when I was figuring out how to make this work :)
  • Peter Schwartz
    [quote=Rounik][quote=Ski]The environment shown in the YouTube video is good for certain things (store/recall of mute, solo, and FX bypass), but due to limitations in Logic it's not possible to store/recall exactly accurate levels of faders.[/quote] Very true. I remember having this conversation with you when I was shooting the Mixer Snapshot videos for the TNT3 series... It's close... but not as accurate as it could be.[/quote] For perspective, SSL "Total Recall" automation on their big analog boards was capable of allowing recall within a 1/4 dB or any particular knob or fader setting. But with Logic, the steps for each fader/knob aren't all equal... some values are .1 dB apart (i.e., much finer than 1/4 dB), whereas others are .5 dB apart or more. So while any kind of mixer snapshot recall will get you close, it won't be perfect, though that might be OK. You never know until you listen back. There's as much chance that you won't hear any difference as you would hear a difference. Luck of the draw! : - )
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: