macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Étienne B.
    Adjust ADSR of a sample
    Hey guys, I have a bunch of samples for my drums and I would like to be able to change the ADSR for each one of them if I need to. At first, I loaded all my samples in the exs24 but then I realized that the ADSR will affect all my samples. Does that mean I have to create a new track for each one of my samples and therefore one sample per exs24? Or is there a better way to do so? I know in Ableton it's really easy to do that but in Logic... I don't know. Thanks!
  • logicluvva
    Re: Re: Adjust ADSR of a sample
    Hi Etienne, I think that the EXS24 is very kind to CPU. I like to use a separate instance for each drum.Which gives you the ability to use separate filter and modulation matrices etc.Record them all together if you want to play ' live' into it. Or....you could load each drum as a separate voice/zone ( in a single instance of EXS ) ...and adjust the offset envelopes that you see under the hood.Along with the offset filter envelopes etc. You could record into the same midi region and split them into the individual parts later.To utilise the track parameter swing and quantisation and delay. Or use the New with Same Instrument to play into a separate lane that ' points' to the same instance of EXS. Don't forget Ultrabeat though. I'm just realising how beautiful that is.Check out the tutorials and Rounik's hub posts especially.Load yr samples into that and it rocks.
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Adjust ADSR of a sample
    +1 to Ultrabeat. You can have different envelopes for each sample.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: