macProVideo.com
Forums
  • logicluvva
    Basic Ultrabeat and EXS 24 question
    Hello MPV. I'm really happy with the way that I'm recording now and glad that MPV is so vast in it's knowledge. Regarding samples.....Do I just copy samples into a designated 'Ultrabeat' dedicated folder within the Ultrabeat Settings ? I'm having no trouble with them at the moment but I need advice on how to keep things neat and tidy in case things go wrong one day. I am a little confused with the manual regarding this. I'm guessing it's similar to keeping samples next to exs. files in Sampler Instruments ... Thanks, as always.
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Basic Ultrabeat and EXS 24 question
    In Ultrabeat make sure you are using [b]Osc 3[/b], choose the sample settings. Click on the [b]No Sample Loaded[/b], and then [b]Load Sample[/b]. Choose a sample you wish to Load. When you save your project make sure to tick '[i]Copy Ultrabeat samples to project folder[/i]' under the [b]Include Assets[/b] section.
  • logicluvva
    Thanks. I understand that part. I was thinking...if I pull a sample from any place outside of the Ultrabeat settings folder or... if using EXS samples ... EXS folder.....should I copy it into a samples folder inside of the Ultrabeat Settings in my User directory ? So at least I know it's definitely in the same location.
  • GaryHiebner
    If you have ticked the necessary boxes in the Assets section it should be fine. But to be extra safe you could copy the file into the Ultrabeat/EXS24 Sampler folder in your Logic project folder.
  • logicluvva
    Thanks. What I did was to use the Assets for the project as you suggested. And also add a folder within my user Ultrabeat settings so that , for instance, a snare sample that I had stretched and used as a variant..could be copied to there...so that custom-changed samples are next to the settings of the kit I'd created. Thank you again
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: