macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Wipavue
    Mountain Lion and Logic
    Who's taken the plunge? Things going smoothly, or are you pulling your hair out? Thanks, G.F. Big
  • Nozivoy
    Re: Mountain Lion and Logic
    Seems to be performing well for me.
  • GaryHiebner
    If anyone is having any plug-in compatibility issues, please let us know. It will be nice to have a heads up from others on their upgrade process.
  • Wipavue
    I can happily report that I've had no issues whatsoever, the small exception being that I had to re-set the audio interface selection in Logic's Prefs. All of the AUs authenticated properly, and one issue that Lion was giving me, hanging up on AUNetReceive, seems to be gone. Haven't stressed my computer yet, but everything seems to be as it should be.
  • GaryHiebner
    Thanks for the feedback G.F.
  • Wipavue
    From what I've been reading, the general view is quite positive. I am surprised, really. I wasn't going to do the upgrade yet, but that Mountain Lion staring at me made me want to run with it. IK Multimedia plugs: check; Addictive Drums: check; BFD 2: check; Scuffham Amps: check; Melodyne: check.
  • MorryNYC
    Don't ask me. I'm still on 10.6.8 I don't even know what cat that is...? Snow Leopard? I think?
  • DaveRobinson
    Re: Re: Mountain Lion and Logic
    Bought G-Drive 7200rpm firewire drive before updating to Mountain Lion. After formatting it i moved projects over to it. Cleaned up and intended to just download MLion. The duet (firewire) was reported to be working. Mountain lion downloaded in 50 min, the install about the same. I had to set the duet preferences the first time opening logic but performance seemed the same as lion and the duet firewire worked fine after reset. Over the day things are much more responsive on the desktop even though Time Machine has been busy! Logic seems the same as before the update. Great to read later that the duet firewire is supported in Mountain Lion. Native plugins only in Logic and still in 32 bit mode (64bit in the morning) after playing around a bit first. First impressions are good. iTunes seems ok here, browsing is much faster, no major issues yet. getting settled quickly. Lion put the external firewire disk to sleep when the preferences were set to never. the disk is better now. Logic does seem to open smoothly, my projects are as i left them. logic is playing nice. Using the least hungry graphics driver sees a much quicker desktop here. Most eye candy is disabled, trying to optimise and keep things as simple as possible. I repaired disk permissions shortly after installing. Three times in 24 hours i've shut down, turned the power off and taken a break. Each start up is better than the last. Just learning how fast apple is moving, my iPad is "old" now.... still use it loads. I hope you get your systems as you want them, it's early days yet. Snow Leopard was my intro to mac, I liked Lion, up to now, i'd say Mountain Lion sits between SL and Lion. I like it. I love logic pro, but i don't depend on it for a living so upgrading isn't devastating if it fails. If logic was paying the wages, i'd be very different about upgrades. Today if Mountain Lion fails. Reinstalling was always on the books. So far ...... so good. mountain lion time machine Keeping an eye on Time Machine using Console has saw the messages cleaning up as time machine settled itself. Today it's backing up regularly, yesterday saw long scans and Cleaning Up. Time Machine earned it's keep, and my respect, letting it complete takes a bit of patience but worth the wait.. Some system preferences held but some had reverted to defaults, including putting disks to sleep. Including (firewire 7200rpm). lp9-mountain-lion logic on the first day worked fine. Today, now time machine has caught up and os x has been up and running a while, is much better. Very nice! Logics demo songs and power hungry projects perform a little better (new firewire disk new os x)?. The Logic menu shows a link to download extra content, could have been there before the upgrade but install here was on snow leopard using DVD set. Logic has always been great, problems, bugs, development and all. Still is great. Reading the posts here on the forum and picking through tutorials = plenty to get on with while waiting.. Logic froze on Lion a couple of times using Piano roll or maybe renaming regions, white screen warning and freeze. It hadn't happened for a long while running lion, not at all on mountain lion? The dvd installed version may have integrated with the app store version? First logic start up after os x upgrade did a plugin rescan and i had to reset my duet (fw) in logics audio preferences. OS X upgrade or Logic changes, I'm not sure which caused the resets. Logic and 10.8 work well on this machine. today if a reinstall was required it would be mountain lion i'd choose first, snow leopards got competition. Stability seems fine, desktop looks and works very well, safari is better, i've opened and used many apps, logic starts, works, shuts down. Two os x updates, snow leopard, lion and mountain lion yet still the desktop is responsive. Nice work. Early days yet. New mpv WebPlayer 2.0 is nice on mountain lion. logic tutorials on os x (app store) are fine. iPad (1st gen) tutorials are fine. Thanks for all the help 8-) great site and forum Cheers! Dave. Logic Pro 9.1.7 | MacBookPro 5,2 17 inch | 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 | OS 10.8 | 8 GB Ram | Apogee Duet (fw) |
  • GaryHiebner
    Thanks Dave, appreciate the feedback
  • DaveRobinson
    No problem 8-) Still happy with ML.. Putting the external FireWire disk before the upgrade makes knowing what has changed because of ML and what has changed because of the new driive the question. The FW drive is behaving well, the desktop is good, like it a lot. My workflow in lp9 is not disturbed. 8-)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: